Entitled Mortality and based on his columns for Vanity Fair, Christopher Hitchens' final memoir will be published by Atlantic in the new year.
The forthcoming memoir will be based on the essays, said Atlantic Books, and will be called Mortality. The book had been planned for some time, said a spokesperson.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/dec/16/christopher-hitchens-memoir-published-in-january
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Welcome to an unofficial Christopher Hitchens site. dailyhitchens@post.com
Christopher Hitchens (1949 - 2011) was an Anglo-American author and journalist. His books made him a prominent public intellectual and a staple of talk shows and lecture circuits. He was a columnist and literary critic at Vanity Fair, Slate, The Atlantic, World Affairs, The Nation, Free Inquiry and a variety of other media outlets. He was named one of the world's "Top 100 Public Intellectuals" by Foreign Policy and Britain's Prospect.
Yahoo! News
Wikipedia
Search results
Recent Comments
Popular Posts
-
Comedy Death Ray podcast (1/2) (2/2)
-
By Peter Hitchens I can’t really claim that I never notice the extraordinarily spiteful attacks on me which come from one particular qua...
-
Christopher Hitchens and Mark Stephens comment on the possibility to arrest the Pope.
-
By Daniel Dennett. "Those of us rooting for Christopher Hitchens in his contest with cancer are an open-minded multitude; we wish him...
-
Watch the debate: Does Atheism Poisons Everything with Christopher Hitchens and David Berlinski on C-SPAN2 here . Hosted by the Fixed P...
-
By Alex Olson, Sept 27, 2010. Noted journalist Christopher Hitchens squared off against College of William and Mary government professor L...
-
Pray for me? Christopher Hitchens? By Christopher Hitchens "Even the nicest and most caring religious people are often unaware of qui...
-
Walter Owen reviews the "Is there an afterlife?" debate between CH and Shmuley Boteach at Cooper Union on September 16, 2010. Re...
Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Paine
Baruch Spinoza
George Orwell
Bertrand Russell
Leon Trotsky
Rosa Luxemburg
Socrates
Hitchens' memoir to be published early next year
December 16, 2011Posted by Tom at 20:30
Labels: 2011, Christopher Hitchens, memoir, Mortality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Just like Asimov, working up the last breath. Cheers!
I feel quite devastated about what Hitch had to go thru in his last months. I hope writing served as an opiate of sorts. I hope he received all the support he wished for. I wish I knew more about his last days.
Damn cigarettes and booze.
Like Hitch, I'm 62, a smoker and drinker. Just quit smoking because a young relative suffers from throat cancer; a lifelong non-smoker. Go figure. Anyway, Hitch continues on in my mind as I continual to reread his memoirs & VF & Slate essays. Thank you Hitch.
So, there is to be more...
Having learned Hitchens was dead, I finally read "Hitch-22".
Essentially an exercise in paltry name-dropping, the memoir is a true stylistic disappointment.
If there is now to be a continuation, there always remains the possibility that I should read it.
I just hope, if and when name-dropping goes forth, that the editors would this time oversee the spelling of non-English names and quotations!
Hardly one is correct in the present memoir, which therefore seems to me infuriatingly parochial (and imperialist).
To name just one example (of, literally, hundreds): the leading Lisbon daily A Republica is cavalierly named as "La Repubblica" - this in a name-dropping memoir that one is invited to take seriously...
How extraordinary that the above should have occasioned no comments!
The slapdash treatment of facts quashes any credibility the author, and his editor, might otherwise have had.
Or is it OK for self-indulgent "Anglos" to despise all names that are not English?
Post a Comment