
Why Evolution Is True has a great post on Hitchens encounter with 8 year old Mason, who wanted to know what books she should read.
Read it here.
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Welcome to an unofficial Christopher Hitchens site. dailyhitchens@post.com
Christopher Hitchens (1949 - 2011) was an Anglo-American author and journalist. His books made him a prominent public intellectual and a staple of talk shows and lecture circuits. He was a columnist and literary critic at Vanity Fair, Slate, The Atlantic, World Affairs, The Nation, Free Inquiry and a variety of other media outlets. He was named one of the world's "Top 100 Public Intellectuals" by Foreign Policy and Britain's Prospect.
Yahoo! News
Wikipedia
Search results
Recent Comments
Popular Posts
-
Comedy Death Ray podcast (1/2) (2/2)
-
By Peter Hitchens I can’t really claim that I never notice the extraordinarily spiteful attacks on me which come from one particular qua...
-
Christopher Hitchens and Mark Stephens comment on the possibility to arrest the Pope.
-
By Daniel Dennett. "Those of us rooting for Christopher Hitchens in his contest with cancer are an open-minded multitude; we wish him...
-
Watch the debate: Does Atheism Poisons Everything with Christopher Hitchens and David Berlinski on C-SPAN2 here . Hosted by the Fixed P...
-
By Alex Olson, Sept 27, 2010. Noted journalist Christopher Hitchens squared off against College of William and Mary government professor L...
-
Walter Owen reviews the "Is there an afterlife?" debate between CH and Shmuley Boteach at Cooper Union on September 16, 2010. Re...
-
Pray for me? Christopher Hitchens? By Christopher Hitchens "Even the nicest and most caring religious people are often unaware of qui...
Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Paine
Baruch Spinoza
George Orwell
Bertrand Russell
Leon Trotsky
Rosa Luxemburg
Socrates
Mason Crumpacker and the Hitchens reading list
October 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Incase anyone missed this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/books/christopher-hitchens-on-writing-mortality-and-cancer.html?_r=3&pagewanted=all
Damn fine opportunity for that girl. You know what I got when I was her age? Oh, it was a banner fucking year at the old Bender family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said, "Hey, smoke up Johnny." Alright?
No but really, I was reading Captain Underpants when I was her age.
@ Staunchly Opposed to (everybody on earth who is not exactly like me) Llamas said...
Damn fine opportunity (i don't need your compliments) for that girl (really?, you depend on that). You know what I got when I was her age? (joy, creativity, realization, romance, no .. servitude organ-vocalizations Oh), it was a banner Mill-respecting year at the old Bendcon family. I got a carton-of cocaine skinned cigarettes. The rebel from life grabbed me and said, "Hey, you are really a balanced and decent individual." norsk-sudafr-hith?
---
smoke your own god-damned cigarettes
To the chimp: Ever seen Breakfast Club?
and the Hitch is going to criticize Islam on the basis of being more objectively correct than the illiterate Mohammad who as he puts it never heard the voices of heaven in the angel Gabriel.
if the Hitch is going to mention an 'objective basis', then how is it that at best he reduces the scientically endorsed reality of our ancient natural home to a flabby weak hag and more often refuses to acknowledge our ancient natural home. it is because he is a master of misrepresentation, calumny and defamation. he holds himself to be free, to be in the house of truth against all those in the house of evil; and there shall be no obstacles to his bloody colonial escapading, for his version is foundational and his microphone is supreme.
and if you look you can all see Hitchens threatening with his sick ironic humor those with ideas based on true objectivity.
@hitchesracistcafeteria:
please specify true objectivity versus false objectivity. Thanks much Dr. Fruitloops
Post a Comment