Photos by Brett Buchanan, photographer and multimedia producer, at the Texas Freethought Convention in Houston 2011 .
http://www.brettbuchanan.com/2011/10/hitchens/
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Welcome to an unofficial Christopher Hitchens site. dailyhitchens@post.com
Christopher Hitchens (1949 - 2011) was an Anglo-American author and journalist. His books made him a prominent public intellectual and a staple of talk shows and lecture circuits. He was a columnist and literary critic at Vanity Fair, Slate, The Atlantic, World Affairs, The Nation, Free Inquiry and a variety of other media outlets. He was named one of the world's "Top 100 Public Intellectuals" by Foreign Policy and Britain's Prospect.
Yahoo! News
Wikipedia
Search results
Recent Comments
Popular Posts
-
Comedy Death Ray podcast (1/2) (2/2)
-
Christopher Hitchens and Mark Stephens comment on the possibility to arrest the Pope.
-
By Peter Hitchens I can’t really claim that I never notice the extraordinarily spiteful attacks on me which come from one particular qua...
-
By Daniel Dennett. "Those of us rooting for Christopher Hitchens in his contest with cancer are an open-minded multitude; we wish him...
-
Watch the debate: Does Atheism Poisons Everything with Christopher Hitchens and David Berlinski on C-SPAN2 here . Hosted by the Fixed P...
-
By Alex Olson, Sept 27, 2010. Noted journalist Christopher Hitchens squared off against College of William and Mary government professor L...
-
Pray for me? Christopher Hitchens? By Christopher Hitchens "Even the nicest and most caring religious people are often unaware of qui...
-
Walter Owen reviews the "Is there an afterlife?" debate between CH and Shmuley Boteach at Cooper Union on September 16, 2010. Re...
Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Paine
Baruch Spinoza
George Orwell
Bertrand Russell
Leon Trotsky
Rosa Luxemburg
Socrates
"I’m not going to quit until I absolutely have to"
October 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was so happy and relieved to see Christopher Hitchens speaking in public again, when he received an award from Richard Dawkins. I had feared we would not hear that brilliant, rich voice of his again. Even before Hitchens was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, I had read several of his books and articles and would often spend hours watching and listening to him on Youtube.
Now that he is battling cancer, his words have become even dearer to me. I am reading Arguably, and spend many hours listening to him online. I feel he is the Socrates of our age.
I am buoyed by the strength and courage he displays in the face of his illness. Clearly, he is made of tough stuff. But I dread the day when I read the news of his passing. I hope it is a long way off.
I wonder who could possibly take his place. Thankfully, we have Dawkins and Sam Harris to carry on the fight against stupidity and superstition. And I am sure that there are others out there who, inspired by Hitchens' example, will stand up and claim their right, as he has, to challenge theocracy and superstition.
Hitchens gave me permission to say to the faithful of the world: I no longer care if you are offended by what I say, because you and your religion have offended me long enough.
Nelson Bennett
I will miss him too :(..my boyfriend always quotes him and he's become an idol for athiests and agnoistics and "freethinkers" out there.
Post a Comment